Why Start Now?
So here we find ourselves in the final week of 2016. Its mid-week and the leftovers are becoming less and less appealing, the sugar rush is coming to a crash and while there may be New Years festivities ahead to enjoy, most of us are probably feeling a little sluggish and bloated. The couch may look the the spot to be for a few more days but there truly has ever been a better time than right now to get started or to get back to your workouts. Many people have written off this week and have decided to ride it out until January 1st before they hit the gym and toss the cookies in the trash.
Today, I want to challenge you to do two things to shake up that frame of mind. First, take 20 minutes in the next 48 hours to write 3-5 goals you have for your health and fitness for 2017. This doesn’t have to be about loosing 10 pounds or getting a six-pack set of abs. I want you to dig deep and think of what would really make a difference for you come one year from today…. lowering your risk of diabetes by changing your diet, decreasing your body fat percentage to help with overall health? How about the way you’ll feel by cutting out refined sugars and manufactured carbs that lead to obesity and countless health issues. How will you accomplish changing your habits to jump on the path to becoming the healthiest version of you in 2017? Write those goals down and then break them down into what each month will need to look like, then plan your week(s) out as each month begins.
You can do it, and when you do, there will be no looking back and no stopping you!
I’d also encourage you to NOT wait until Monday to begin your workouts and cleaning yo your diet. Jump start your plan today. You can begin even now from home with countless tools that are available to you via the internet and beyond. Call your local gym or fitness expert and ask for support and guidance. Know that you are not alone and you are capable! I’d love to be your source of encouragement and guidance if you need a place to start.
I’ll wrap today up by giving you “5 Reasons to Get Started Today” on your journey:
- Beat the rush- in one week the gym will be flooded with people who have made resolutions, get in the gym now to get acquainted and comfortable, to ask questions and have access to your gym staff. You’ll be more at home and know exactly what to do (even when it’s busy).
- Feel better faster— its proven that when we workout, we are more conscious about what we are consuming. Think about it, after a killer sweat session you are far more likely to not want to eat that candy cane or left over mashed potatoes. You’ll opt for fresh and healthy and feel fantastic when you do, then you’ll want to keep it going.
- You’ll beat the bloat— Regular workouts and cleaning up your diet today will help you get rid of the bloated tummy and get your digestive system back on track. Once you clean out the pantry and fridge from the holiday “treats” and get on a clean eating system you’ll feel the bloat subside and the motivation flow. Plus, your pants will fit better!
- It will make you happy— its also proven that exercise releases endorphins that make you happy and happy leads to healthy from the inside out. If you are feeling down and out, there truly is no better cure than exercise to lift the fog and bring on the happy!
- You won’t regret it— No one ever regrets a finished workout, why would you? You’ll feel accomplished and strong, on track and motivated to keep going. Even if its day one on your journey— an accomplished workout is a step forward and in the right direction. One you will always be happy about.
Today is the day! Get up, get moving and reach out for support if you need a plan and place to start. Make the end of 2016 a week you can look back on with a smile, knowing it was the launch pad for a fit and fabulous 2017! Cheers and Happy New Year!