Secrets to Living a Fit Lifestyle
Are you looking to start living a lifestyle that is more active? Do you want to get into great shape? Here are a few secrets that I have come across that has helped me with this lifestyle!
- First and foremost, I carry water EVERYWHERE! I mean everywhere. I have my 32 ounce water bottle, and it never leaves my side. That way, I am always sipping on it and I can track my water intake for the day. If you want to spice it up, try adding lemon, cucumbers or some berries.
- Track what you eat! This is very important in truly seeing what goes into your body on a daily basis. For us moms, who out there snacks on things while making dinner? Or a quick bit of the kids food before giving it to them? This is ME! It is very important to write down EVERYTHING that goes into your mouth so you can see where you need to cut back, or in some cases, where you need to increase your food intake.
- Make short term goals! So many times, we set out to be perfect and reach these high goals fast but in reality, if we set short term goals, we are more likely to succeed. For example, set a goal for this week of sticking to non-processed food. One week. That is not too terribly long, right? Or set a goal this week to work out at least 4 times.
- Find an accountability partner and workout friend! Someone who has the same goals in mind is great to have by your side to help challenge you and encourage you. Find a friend you can check in with that will help push you to reach your goals. This can be a close friend, family member, or even a trainer (in person or online).
- Change your mindset! Changing your thoughts about exercise can help tremendously. Exercise and working out does not have to be a bad thing. Look at it as a pleasure and time to yourself. Time to gather your thoughts. Time to not think at all. Time to listen to music. YOU TIME! Once I began doing this, everything changed for me. I began wanting to go workout. I couldn’t wait to be done with work, to get to the gym! When you change your mindset, everything else changes as well.
- Schedule your workouts! If you don’t write it down, you are more likely not to follow through with your workouts. Make an appointment with yourself just as you would with someone else. And how important are you? VERY important! Don’t skip out on your appointment to better yourself.
- Limit alcohol! I cannot stress this enough. Alcohol can slow your body’s ability to make progress and reach your goals. If you really feel you need to have some alcohol - try to limit it to special occasions, or even once a week. But I would strongly suggest that when you do drink alcohol, limit the quantity to one or two drinks. Alcohol is full of sugar and calories that will set you back.
- Push yourself! When you get into a routine, it is easy to just go about it without pushing yourself. So always strive to PUSH yourself and work harder than the day before.
I hope these tips help you reach your goals! If you are interested in chatting more about your fitness and health journey, please leave your email below and I will get in touch with you!