Ten Superfoods for Super Weight Loss
I love food, plain and simple. Not only because it satisfies my cravings, but it can have amazing health benefits. From boosting our immune system to lowering cholesterol and helping us lose weight -- when you’re eating the right whole foods you can seriously change your body for the good.
Pair these superfoods with a solid workout routine (if you need help with that, I have you covered), and you’ll be well on your way to a lean physique. That said, torching fat goes beyond just aesthetics, it plays a major role in your total health. Not only does having less body fat improve every aspect of life, it can reduce the risk of certain negative health issues caused by excess fat. Proper nutrition plays a vital role in losing that last layer of annoying belly fat, and busting through your weight loss plateau. These foods are super healthy, and will hands down help speed up your weight loss:
1. Grapefruit Grapefruits are one of the most popular weight loss foods. Countless studies prove grapefruits prevent weight gain and assist in weight loss. They are dense with water, so while your body is getting hydrated, it will also feel full faster with only a small number of calories. If you can’t stand the taste, try mixing them into a smoothie. Mmmm, so good!
2. Melons Melons like honeydew, cantaloupe, watermelon and others, are extremely high in water content. In fact, the majority of the fruit IS water. When you eat these fruits, you are hydrating your body and helping your digestive system, which helps detoxify your body and rid it of harmful toxins while shedding extra weight.
3. Berries Berries are one of the most popular “weight loss foods”. They have very few calories and are low in sugar content. They also have tons of fiber to keep you full, and a multitude of antioxidants. The cool thing is these antioxidants help rid your body of toxins that lead to a multitude of health issues, including weight gain. My personal favorite are blueberries! Yum!
4. Avocados Avocados may be high in fat, which unfortunately turns people away. But it shouldn’t! Avocados are high in the good, healthy fats, which actually increase your metabolism. They turn fat into energy and prevent your body from storing fat that sticks around for years to come. So essentially you’re burning fat, with fat. And seriously... I could eat a whole avocado in one setting!
5. Spinach Spinach strengthens muscles and has a ton of nutrients that attacks other critical health issues at their core. I mentioned this in my previous blog post “Best Post Workout Foods”, and I’m throwing it out here again because it’s just that important! Eat it cooked or raw, either way you get the benefits. It is exploding with vitamins and minerals, so it’s an amazing food you really should learn to like.
6. Peppers Peppers actually help speed up your metabolism, which allows your body to burn fat and calories faster. In fact, there’s a substance inside of them that makes your body heat up -- and you can only assume what that does. Hint: it burns something you don’t like. Top that off with the Vitamin C that runs through its core and you're set with peppery goodness! Believe it or not, they are REALLY good raw with hummus.
7. Oatmeal Oatmeal (real oatmeal, not the flavored sugary kind) is one of the absolute best foods for weight loss! This is another one I mentioned as a great Post Workout Food, and it is for a reason. It is a complex carb, which has been proven to burn more fat than simple carbs. It’s also full of fiber and protein, giving you a ton of energy to accomplish more during your workout. On top of the energy, it keeps you full which prevents over eating. This is my go-to breakfast, almost every morning!
8. Quinoa This superfood is packed with protein, so much so that you technically don’t even need another protein source in your meal-- it’s a rare find that is a complete protein as compared to an incomplete protein. It’s also packed with fiber and is naturally gluten free. This is a super food we all need in our diet. You’re missing out if it’s not.
9. Nuts With these, eat raw nuts instead of the salted ones. When consumed in moderation, they are extremely healthy despite the fact that they are high in fat. They contain the good type of fat along with fiber, which helps prevent overeating. They also have a ton of other health benefits that help keep your metabolism running high.
10. Chia Seeds These weird looking little seeds are amazing. They help prevent the absorption of fat because of a specific omega-3 fatty acid they contain. They are also bursting with fiber, so adding just a small amount of these seeds to your food will keep you and your family’s tummies satisfied for quite a while.
I hope you find these super weight loss super foods beneficial when working them into your diet. I’m curious, do you have any you’d add to the list?
If you have any questions, I’d love to hear from you! Just give me your name and number below, and I’ll connect with you to get you set on the right path to reaching your fitness goals. I hope to connect soon!
[contact-form-7 id="188" title="Contact"]